Thursday, June 10, 2010

Everything is OK, Expensive, but OK

Here is the dead hot water heater sitting quietly at the back of the garage.
My right foot is all healed up from its run-in with the blender that I dropped on it. You see a happy foot because it has some garden dirt on it--which means that it was just outside in the garden.
The only ducklings to hatch at the lake are growing up fast. One of them injured its leg, but is able to keep up with the others. There are so many people who come and provide feed for the birds and animals there that I think its chances to grow up healthy and strong are good.
One of the cowbirds that nested in the marshy reeds that surround one side of the lake. It was overcast enough so that I could get a picture of her head and her eye. It was a hot day, even with water all around, the birds were still panting in the heat.

Well, it looks like this week is going to be one of rather huge expenses. The car is in the shop--with AC and a transmission system leak. The hot water heater died last night, and while doing so completely flooded the garage. As I speak, the AC & Heating person is on his way to pick up a replacement so that he can muscle out the old one and delicately implant the new. My left knee has an acute meniscus tear--and some deformity of the cartilage. Don't remember WHEN that happened.

On the up side: When the hot water heater overflowed, all of the water ran through the garage and down the driveway instead of pooling up and flooding the house. My knee injury happened when I was asleep or out of it (perhaps, Brent thinks, the night that I fell and smacked my face against the bedpost) so that it needs mending, but I didn't have to feel the hurt of the injury. I am able to put off the surgery until after my horticulture propagation class is over. And as I sit here, it doesn't hurt or itch at all. And the car? When we get it back, the AC will again be ice cold even when it is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit with 100% humidity outside. I think that about covers it.

Also--my foot is recovered with only minimal scarring. The blender, however, is definitely a goner.

Oh! On the most uppest side: Brent is home from Houston and everything went well and he didn't get sick while he was there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am glad you mentioned your blog on facebook. I hope your foot heals soon....

    ReplyDelete