Friday, June 25, 2010

It's Friday Night and I Got Me a Bum Knee

I am sitting at home, in the family room, with my feet in my husband's lap, and we are watching (a past season of a thriller series called) Kidnapped. It is a collection of episodes based on the kidnap of a wealthy man's son where everyone has a shady past and the most unexpected friendships surface at the most unexpected moments. The rich man had an affair with a less-rich woman who adored him while he and his wife were separated. The separated wife apparently visited the less-rich girl and no one ever saw her again--the wife paid the girl to walk away--"to save my family." This is day 9 and Leo (the kidnapped teenager who seems to be the only one in the whole show who knew what was important in life) is appearing to everyone and talking to them--especially the dad. Everyone--FBI especially (the ex-FBI and FBI)--there's this one young FBI agent who looks really open and honest, but he has just been bumped up the ladder from Alaska to NYC. Since he looks squeeky-clean he has to be someone who has already done something crooked. People get beat up and then beat up those people who beat them up.

It is all a bit over the top for me. I am one of the little people who would have sent $10 and a sympathy card to the rich family telling them that I was sorry that their son was kidnapped and that their $40 million got blown up.

Now they've got smoke bomb in a bottle of water. I understand now why they wouldn't let anyone even take water with them onto an airplane after 9-11.


No comments:

Post a Comment