Friday, May 27, 2011

Six Days Old

The Original Three!
Meg, Jon, Anton


Megan: Artist, Friend, Vocalist, Daughter, Wife,
and Mother Extraodinaire

Kate:
The Newest Member of the Team

Good news! After a week of throwing tantrums whenever he saw his sister, Jon is now able to stay in the same room with her--as long as she doesn't move or make noise.

Progress.

Kate is now 6 pounds and 4 ounces. I'm attaching some photos of her and of Jon, Meg and Anton. The rest of my photos have been of Jon showing me one of his trucks/trains/cars--the truck/train/car right up next to the camera and a glimpse of his eyes or chin in the background. I'm not sending any of those since the only person who is fascinated with them is Jon.

I am doing wonderfully well . . . except for the usual clumsiness. I shaved my legs this morning and immediately covered a towel with blood from cuts at my ankles and knees. Megan brought me bandaids, made comforting noises, and so I am now recovering nicely.

Right how it is muggy--not as hot as Florida--but we are hours from the beach and the splash place pool does not open until 30 May. I didn't pack a swimsuit, but that is no problem since they do actually have stores here. And they accept money in exchange for their wares. It is not the wild frontier that it used to be (in the late 1700's). Progress is spread over the whole country--even if every state can't have waves and beaches with shells to collect, Target and WalMart and Cosco have made great progress in these northern reaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment