Sunday, March 4, 2018

The Year is Gone


12/2016
This past year has been full of family:  Lauren and Robert and Charlie and Caleb have been living with us--needing more space as their family grows.  Nathan has been alternately needing me more and needing me less as school, work and the beginnings of a social life occupy his days.  Rytting grandchildren have come and gone--and I have come and gone to visit them--a total of 3 weeks this summer.  I leave this weekend to go and visit with Martha and Susan in Utah.

Brent and I have become better at carving out time for us to be together one-on-one.

I have gotten better at finding spaces and times to be alone--to recharge.

12/2017
Wow.  A whole year gone and not much of anything written.  I need to be better about getting my visiting teaching done.  I need to exercise more.  I need to learn how all my stuff (cameras, new computer) works.  Today, I am going to clean off the kitchen table and straighten up the family room for Pres. Westover's visit tonight.  I will also make an appointment to do the numbers with Dr. Patch.

I am taking a business class right now.  It is Intro to Entrepreneurship.  It is hard.  The teacher is energetic, but doesn't use the book that we had to buy at the beginning of the semester or the extensive read/quiz stuff online.  We are to do it "if we want" to help us get an A.  This has been a challenging class for me.  I am pretty much bored out of my skull in class--he spends most of the time telling us how we don't have much time.

Almost over for the semester--online 3 chapters to finish, for the class project just the numbers need to be crunched and the final taken home and returned.  Nathan may have a job by year's end.  That will never be almost over.  Brent--who had nothing to do at the beginning of the year--is presently overwhelmed by all the deals that he's working on.  I know that it must be hard on. him.  He comes home exhausted every night.  Besides that, we're tiling the office (formerly Nate's bedroom) in a slow progression that will take the better part of 2 weeks by the time we're done.

Nate and Brent pulled up the carpet (after moving out all of the stuff stored there for the last few years and did little prep things while I was away at Meg's taking care of her 3 while she visited her high school art teacher.  Brent lets Nate and I watch and clean up after each tiling session, but that's about all.  I am so glad that he's going slow and wearing the knee pads I bought for him.

Off to address Meg's and Lauren's packages and get them in the mail.  Then to class and to a psych appointment for me.  I think we also have an appointment with Nathan's job coach.  Maybe that's tomorrow?

No pictures for this yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment