Sunday, January 27, 2019

Catching Up





 
It is January 2019 and I am sitting in the TV room with ice packs on both my shoulders. It is beautiful outside. 

Megan has four children: Jon, Kate, Gloria, and Darren. 

Lauren has one child, Caleb, and is expecting their second child--a daughter--in May this year. Caleb has decided that They should name the baby George. 

Roberto is working as a firefighter, he and Lauren live come Roanoke Virginia. 

Nathan is working full-time at a Walgreens warehouse. He continues to worry constantly--though, with the Ritalin he takes, his ability to face challenges has improved. He continues to live with us in Florida. 

Brent works for NextEra Energy Marketing, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy.  He has a wonderful boss, actually a friend, whom he respects and enjoys working with. I worry about Brent's health, but he is the one in the family who has begun to help both Nathan and me begin to be more active.  

As for me, I am feeling the effects of a lifetime of recklessly using my body. That, combined with arthritis, has slowed me down considerably. I no longer ride horses or go scuba diving, and Nathan and Brent constantly watch me to make sure I am not out in the yard pulling weeds. I do ride my bike with Nathan and take walks with Brent after he gets home for work. Unfortunately, my habits of eating, combined with the restricted activities, has resulted in a very bother some weight gain.  I have gone from   124 to 140 pounds.  Lately all I have wanted to do is sleep. 
We now have a business with one townhouse refurbished and rented.

My father's second wife, Cindy, died in December 2018. Dad is lonely without her, and is also waiting for lower back surgery to relieve him of constant pain. He and Martha live close to one another in Springville, Utah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment