Sunday, January 27, 2019

Thoughts on Plant Classes 7 September 2010

Some of the photographs that I posted a day or so ago were from the wedding that I attended in Wichita, Kansas. My sister Susan's son, Sam, married his long-time love, Ashley. She was radiant. The food was great. I had two pieces of wedding cake--sorry if they ran out early and someone missed out . . . but not really.

I went to my Plant Identification class tonight. It is a class that I don't really have any interest in, except that I love the teacher and there is a core group of students (most of closer to my age) that I also enjoy being with. It is kind of like a summer art class--we press plants and put them together in books, label each one and put them all in order. After Dr. George Rogers--very cool man--introduces the family of plants that we'll be collecting that night, we all get to hike around the campus and clip off flowers and leafs and put them into big plastic buckets. I get to hear about the plant characteristics (and I am beginning to remember some of them . . . not many, but some) and try to adsorb the information.

9/7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment